Friday, December 2, 2011

Winners and Little Vintage Storybooks


It is my favorite day of the week. Little Vintage Storybook Friday.  I easily chose a favorite story that was recently pulled out of the Christmas storage.  I cannot remember where I came across this but I adore the darling fifties family it portrays.  That darling angel on the top of the tree doesn't hurt either.


Christmas Socks.
Pajamas and robes.
Real fireplaces and bedtime stories.


Floral chair...for mom.
Footy pajamas and big sister hugs.


Woolworth.
Shiney Brites.
Daddy's with hats.
Names like Bobby and Sally.


Time taken before ripping presents to pause and reflect on the seasons meaning.


Little boys who tell their grandpas thank you, thank you.


Sweet books that claim nothing more than the value of family.  
Reason to save them .25 cents at a time.

Linking up to Corey...


This has been such a wonderful month of saying thanks to all the people that stop and say hello.  Those that support with comments and charm me with their memories too.  I am so glad to share this space.  If you were not a winner please don't despair. If I could sew something for everyone please know that I would.  There will be many many more giveaways.  


My Miss Claire pulled...


Perfectly Printed said...



What a darling apron!! I love that it is a "utility" type apron. My Nana had one she called her "egg gathering" apron. This one reminds me of that.
Glad you are on the mend!! LOL!

Chris send me an email and I will send this out to you.

17 comments:

Nan said...

Oh that's a really sweet book there. Congrats to Perfectly Printed blog winner of your apron. I love mine...sigh...so much.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness! When I saw Marcia Martin was the author I had to google her and see if she was the same Marcia Martin that wrote the Donna Parker series and she is! I loved the Donna Parker books. Aren't the pictures darling in this Christmas book? The striped pj's, the slipcovered chair, the tree dripping with ice cycles, it just doesn't get any better.
Thanks for the eye candy!

Unknown said...

What a lovely Christmas book. The illustrations are darling. I love the shopping with daddy one. there is something about a dapper daddy in a hat that I can't resist.

Pam Kessler said...

What a sweet Christmas book. I am in love with the illustration of the kids in front of the tree. It has such a great 50's look to it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful story and a lovely apron! I need to visit more often to see what you are making! Happy holidays! ♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very sweet story book :)
Congrat's to the winner and Thank you for giving away the nice apron that you made!
Deb :)

Ruby Jean said...

What an ADORABLE book and a BIG congratulations to Perfectly Printed on winning that most ADORABLE apron...

donna said...

I just love your Christmas book. You mentioned Woolworths I totally forgot about that store. My mom used to pick up my Grandmother and we would go shopping there. What good memories. Your apron is so cute. Love how you added the pockets with that cute little duck.
Hugs
donna

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a sweet book. I love all the innocent images. Friday has definitely become one of my favorite blogging days because I get to enjoy others favorite vintage storybooks.

GardenOfDaisies said...

The apron is really lovely! The red birdie and the polka dots make such a cute combination! Congrats to Perfectly Printed on winning! This is yet another adorable vintage book. Awwwww, I LOVE the little boy in his blue footie pj's. Our 2 kids wore similar pj's every winter till they were about 8 years old.

Kathy said...

What a delightful post! I nearly teared up when I watched the Walton's reunion on the Today show this morning. Where oh where did those values go...

papertrails leaver said...

Oh I have a special book my m gave me when I was child that I love to pull out at Christmas. What a treasure to share with your grandchildren!

Corey said...

Yes, LOVE this book! I STRIVE for my kids to be like that, saying thank you before you even open the gift, appreciating the meaning of the season. Sometimes I see glimpses of it, but would love to see more!

Denise Price said...

What an adorable book! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Renee, I'm so blessed to be a part of blog land where there are other girls who understand a grown woman's love of childish things!

Here's to Sally and Bobby! ♥

Bethany said...

Don't you want the little Christmas balls in the picture with Daddy? I do :)

magie said...

An adorable book..great meaning behind it as well. I love the Christmas tree with the Baubles and that floral chair. Super cute illustrations!